Welcome to Guitar Technique Thursdays, exclusively on ioannis.org!
Every week, i will be fueling your insatiable need for guitar technique with one of the exercises i use on my private guitar coaching students from Elite Guitar Coaching Academy!
This week’s exercise:
One of the most important legato patterns – it will really help you develop your left-hand technique!
- do not pick ANY of the notes, play them all with legato , hammer-ons and pull-offs
- Use distortion when practising this exercise
- make sure you mute the other 5 strings with your picking hand
- if your hand starts hurting, make sure you stop for a few seconds and shake it off before resuming. Do NOT play through pain!
- use a metronome to make sure you stay in tempo
Let me know how it goes!
If you enjoy this, please SHARE this post on your favorite social media!
Click the button below to receive a FREE information PDF about Ioannis Anastassakis’
Electric Guitar Coaching, available WORLDWIDE!
Join our amazing,thriving online community of developing guitarists and start working towards your music goals!